At Select Retailers: Any wine or spirits receipt
Upload any receipt with a purchase of wine or spirits for a chance to win a trip to Havana, Cuba. This offer excludes receipts from restaurant/bars and purchases on beer and cider.
Only available to select members.
Get more offers with Checkout 51.
Sign up to see your full list.Sign up with Facebook Log in with Google Logging in... Sign up with Email
HAVANA CLUB CONTEST
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: The sponsor of this contest is Corby Wine and Spirits Limited, Checkout 51 Inc., and Direct Focus Marketing Communications Inc. (the “Sponsor”). To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec. A person must be of legal drinking age at time of entry, and must not be an employee of, or member of the immediate family of an employee, or domiciled with an employee of: the Sponsor, provincial liquor boards, provincial liquor agencies, retailers and their employees (the “Liquor Boards”), liquor licensees, the promotion agency (the “independent contest organization”), prize suppliers, or their respective agents or associated companies. To enter the contest, an entrant must also be a member of Checkout 51 and be invited to enter the contest via a unique referral URL (the “URL”). Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: a. Entry Period & Agreement. The Contest Starting Date is 9:00 a.m., Thursday, December 4, 2014. The Contest Closing Date is 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, January 14, 2015. The Entry Period consists of six (6) Weeks. Each Week begins at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday and ends at 11:59 p.m. on the following Wednesday (a "Week"). For this contest, time zone depends on setting of mobile device or web browser at time of entering the contest. All Entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date or applicable Entry period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules & regulations (“Contest Rules”), which are also available at [WEBSITE/FACEBOOK]. Limit one entry per person per day during the promotion period. b. How to become a member of Checkout 51: An entrant can become a member of Checkout 51 through the Checkout 51 mobile app or on the Checkout 51 website. To become a member via the Checkout 51 mobile app, an entrant must first download and open the Checkout 51 app (the "app") and follow the instructions to sign up with their Facebook account or with their email address. To become a member via the Checkout 51 website, an entrant must visit www.checkout51.com/login and follow the instructions by either signing up with their Facebook account or their email address. An entrant will then receive an email in their email inbox asking them to verify their email address by clicking a link and then follow the instructions to confirm their sign up. c. How to receive a URL and enter the contest: To receive a URL, an entrant must use Checkout 51 to upload one (1) receipt which proves the purchase of one (1) or more Havana Club and/or alternative wine and spirits products (the “Receipt”). For the purposes of entry into the contest, the Receipt must display the dates of that Week of the Entry Period, and provide evidence that the entrant in question has purchased “wine and spirits products”. Once an entrant successfully uploads the receipt, they will receive a URL via the email address recorded in the Sponsors’ records. To complete contest entry, an entrant must click on the URL provided in the email and successfully complete and submit the contest entry form (the “Entry Form”). Entry Form submission requires an entrant to: (i) enter their first name, last name, postal code, daytime telephone number, e-mail address; (ii) verify that they are of legal drinking age in the province or territory of residence; (iii) accept the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules. An entrant then follows the on-screen instructions to submit their Entry Form. Upon Entry Form submission, an entry (an "Entry") into the contest will be automatically recorded in the name of that entrant. No Entry will be recorded in the name of an entrant before, or after, the Entry Period, irrespective of the reason an entrant attempted to enter the contest outside the Entry Period. d. No purchase necessary entry: The entrant may enter the contest, during the Entry Period, without making any product purchase, by sending an email (the “Qualifying Email Request”) to the Sponsor at email@example.com. The Qualifying Email Request must describe in not less than one hundred (100) words and not more than five hundred (500) words, in English, the products which the Eligible Person purchased when he/she last shopped for spirits and wine products. Provided the Qualifying Email Request complies with the requirements set out in this paragraph, and is received by the Sponsor within the Entry Period, upon actual receipt by the Sponsor of the Qualifying Email Request above, the Sponsor will record an Entry in the name of that entrant.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
4. PRIZE(S): There will be one (1) Prize available to be won. The Prize consists of a trip for two (2) people to Havana, Cuba, including: (i) economy airfare; (ii) four (4) nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy in one (1) standard room at a hotel in Havana, Cuba; and (iii) $1,000.00 CAD for meals and incidentals. Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is $4,000.00 CAD.Prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold, modified or transferred, and cannot be converted to cash. The winner shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference between a prize retail value and actual cost. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prizing described above at their discretion. The Sponsor does not make any representations or warranty regarding the Prizes. The Prizes may differ from those shown on any advertising material. The Prize winner and any guest are responsible for all other expenses not specifically described herein, including but not limited to, transportation to the departure airport, other ground transportation, all meals and beverages, gratuities, entertainment, souvenirs, excess baggage fees, and local and long distance telephone calls. Any travel arrangements will be made through the Sponsor’s agent and will not be rescheduled or substituted once booked. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for cancelled, delayed, suspended or re-scheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason whatsoever beyond its control. The Prize winner and travel companion will be required to travel together, on the same itinerary, and must have all necessary documentation to permit travel (e.g. passport, visa). The Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for paying all taxes, fees and surcharges associated with travel at the time of booking. The Prize winner’s travel companion must sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).
5. WINNER SELECTION: A random draw will be made by an independent contest organization from all eligible entries received by the Closing Contest Date on or about January 14, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET at the office of the Sponsor located at [ADD DIRECT FOCUS’S ADDRESS]. To be declared a winner, selected entrants will be required to have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question unassisted on either the Entry materials or the release form and must comply with these Contest Rules. The first eligible person(s) whose name is drawn and who has correctly answered the skill-testing question, will be declared the winner. The winner will be notified by email within ten (10) business days. The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor and the independent contest organization are final.
6. APPLICABLE LAW: The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to this contest must be resolved before the Courts of Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participation in any prize related activity and agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from claims by third parties without limitation.
9. RELEASE: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnity and release forms (“Declaration and Release”) in a form acceptable to the persons listed below, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any liability in connection with this contest or occurring as a result of the prizes being awarded.The selected entrant must return the Declaration and Release to the Sponsor, by email to [ADD DIRECT FOCUS EMAIL], within seven (7) calendar days of notification and, by mail, within fourteen (14) calendar days of notification. The Sponsor recommends that the selected entrant make and keep a copy of the original, completed and signed Declaration and Release for his/her records and use registered mail to mail the original completed and signed Declaration and Release to the Sponsor. If the Sponsor does not actually receive the scan of the selected entrant’s Declaration and Release, or does not receive the mailed original, completed and signed Declaration and Release, within the deadline times set out above, or if the selected entrant’s answer to the skill-testing question is not correct, or if the Declaration and Release and its contents do not accord with the provisions of these Contest Rules, or if the email notice is returned to the Sponsor as not being deliverable at or to the email address for the selected entrant as recorded in the Sponsor’s records, then the Prize which the selected entrant otherwise may have won will be forfeited by the selected entrant who will have no claim against the Sponsor or any other person in respect of the contest or the Prize and the Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility whatever to the selected entrant with respect to the Prize or in relation to the contest. If the Prize is forfeited by the selected entrant in the manner described above, the Sponsor will send an email to the entrant whose Entry is selected next and will follow the verification procedures just described respecting the next selected entrant. The Sponsor will continue this process (respecting, if applicable, the other selected Entries, and the eligible persons in whose name those selected Entries are recorded, in the order of that selection), until the Sponsor has declared to an entrant whose Entry was selected in the Draw as the Prize winner, or until there remain no further selected Entries, whichever first occurs. If no entrant in whose name a selected Entry was recorded is declared to be the winner of the Prize, the Prize will not be awarded in the contest.
10. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. Neither the Sponsor, prize suppliers, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees or their respective agents shall be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with this contest or a prize. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, this contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the Entry Period. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this contest including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw this contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice.
11. LIQUOR BOARDS/AGENCIES/RETAILERS: The Liquor Boards are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.
Free Coupon, Grocery Coupon