Senior iOS Developer
Checkout 51 is one of the top mobile shopping applications in Canada and the US. With over 10M members using our iOS and Android apps, we’re growing our team so we can find even better ways to help them save money on a range of everyday purchases! We are entering an exciting phase of growth, as we leverage location-based and data-driven technologies to deliver more exciting offers to our members.
As a Senior iOS Developer and technical lead, you will be fully responsible for building and improving our iOS native application. This includes working with our product and UX team to design and develop new features and manage releases, but will also get opportunities to work with our marketing and other business teams on new features. You will also be responsible for technical improvements to the app including keeping frameworks up to date, improving app performance, and managing technical debt.
- Build and maintain new features on our iOS application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of our app
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help debug performance issues with the app
- Proficient with either Objective-C or Swift, but with some experience in the other language
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc...
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of source control management (We use GitHub)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (Our pipeline is based on CircleCI)
- Nice to have: familiarity with Firebase services!
We're always looking for new talent!
See available positions