Checkout 51 is looking for a Mobile Developer for a Permanent position in Downtown Toronto, ON.
A bit about us:
We are a small team of high performing individuals. We have a proven track record of building products consumers love and continue to use years after their first install! We have a daily standup at 10.30, and we stay until we’re done. Sometimes that means we’re here late, sometimes it means we leave early. Performance is measured by outcomes alone. We’re busy but the good kind of busy; we are lead by great product managers who know their stuff and we’re clear about the goal of each iteration. We’re honest with ourselves. Our test automation on the mobile platform needs more work, and with your help we will improve this area of our tech!
What we're looking for:
- Comfortable and enjoy working with Objective C, Swift and/or Java and Kotlin
- You’re familiar with Jenkins and CI for mobile applications
- You understand how to work with Testflight, even the buggy bits
- TDD and source control (Git) are second nature
- You have experience using the camera, microphone, gyro and other sensors in mobile development environments
- You have built an iOS and/or Android app before, and can talk to the issues you had to resolve to make it work seamlessly on a variety of devices
- Have an excellent understanding of Object-oriented Design
- You want to take ownership of what you work on. You’re ready to explain it to your colleagues and support it in production
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in detail using the Camera on iOS and/or Android devices
- Have experience working with backend teams on defining API Specifications
- Feel comfortable discussion how you would ideally configure a CI environment for an Android and/or iOS mobile application
- Have worked extensively with Selenium testing on a mobile platform
- Have a history working with MySQL, Postgre and other RDBMS systems
- Are familiar with AWS tools and services including EC2, RDS, Redshift, S3 and auto-scaling
We're always looking for new talent!
See available positions