Senior Frontend Developer, Freedom
Apply Via Jobvite
The Freedom Network is a platform for distributing digital offers to millions of shoppers, wherever they may be. With Freedom’s reach and engagement, shoppers have saved well over $10M on groceries and staple items through our offer distribution.
We’re looking for a Sr. Frontend Developer to help us build user-facing tools for our Freedom B2B platform. In this position, you will play a senior role on a small Scrum team to ensure continuous delivery of high value and high-quality work.
Our Freedom team is wholly responsible for the product and technology stack end-to-end—our software runs on AWS and our front-end is built with React, Redux and GraphQL (with some older pieces built in PHP). We like to maintain a nimble approach—we have a reliable automated test suite and we typically release updates to production weekly.
Success in this role will hinge on teamwork and collaboration—you will work with Product Managers, Designers and Internal Users to design features for the platform while working with our Freedom Director of Engineering to evolve its front-end architecture.
- Enthusiastically implement new features and functionality for our users
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional Scrum Team
- Lead technical design discussions and help drive decision making
- Uphold high standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests and monitoring performance
- Support, coach and mentor Junior Developers or contractor team members
- Take shifts on our ‘dev-on-call’ rotation
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience building complex front-end single-page applications
- Working knowledge of modern web development, including React
- Knowledge of writing high-quality, testable code, while balancing between short term needs and long term runway
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals, while keeping a critical lens on existing front-end tools and frameworks
- You are a strong communicator and can explain complex technical concepts to a diverse group of stakeholders with varying technical depth
- When things break, you are eager to roll up your sleeves to work on a fix
To be successful you will need:
- Experience building single-page applications in React and Redux
We're always looking for new talent!
See available positions